Federal Reserve Bank (NY) - Senior Management needs to change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

"Senior Management needs to change"

Current Employee - Bank Examiner in New York, NY

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We have great health benefits and some are allowed every other Friday off.

Cons

Old time culture has to change to meet the demands of the changing world. We still do stuff based on reactions to the market. We fall behind when other banks comes up with ways to game the financial system

Advice to Management

I just can not wait till the market picks up and people leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

"insanity personified"

Former Employee - Programmer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of a single reason why anyone would work at the Fed. Of course, that's not to say there aren't any reasons. But I promise you, I can't think of one.

Cons

The last guy who had my job jumped out of a bathroom window at work, falling 9 stories to land on the cars below. Next time you apply for a job, ask how the guy before you left.

"Psychotic, highly political institution, driven by a surreal bureaucratic logic and fear induced culture"

Current Employee - Bank Examiner in New York, NY

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good institution to work for if you can fit into its very peculiar culture, which is driven more by appearances than actual content matter, were you can get promoted only if you learn its empty jargon and can talk convincingly on a subject without really having any real deep understanding of it.

Cons

Institution measures its employees against very high arbitrary own expectations of performance that have nothing to do with actual job performance, and which it purposely never clearly states (and always changes) so as to reserve itself the right to arbitrarily choose whom to promote or get rid of. Contrary to perceptions, the Fed does have forced workforce reduction programs, which it dresses as performance related, which are anything but that, and are arbitrarily driven in substance though not in form. In its essence it is an institution were form dominates over substance, were compensation is about 1/3 of industry with no upside but all the downside of a private sector job. My advice is unless you are truly desperate or have a gift for the bureaucratic BS, avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

All I can say is get a clue, but I know this is a futile exercise, given that you do not have a clue, nor ever will.