Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco - Could be a great place, but... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

"Could be a great place, but..."

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great colleagues. Work life balance. Exciting and challenging job opportunities.

Cons

Lack of integrity from those you'd expect it most: senior leadership. More gossip than in a middle school cafeteria.

Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

"Fantastic place to work"

Pros

Intelligent and engaged colleagues, responsive management.

Cons

Too much slack, some processes are done very inefficiently.

"Lets Be Clear- People work at places for more than "Great Benefits""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco full-time

Pros

I'd agree that the benefits were great, but I would challenge you all to ask yourself if health and retirement benefits, if you last that long in the dysfunctional culture, should be such prominent factors in why people stay at the SF Fed?

Cons

One of the largest challenges with the SF Fed is its culture on the operations side of the house specifically. I have seen it on numerous occasions, where Sr. Managers there go along to get along, even when they see and are privy to wrongdoing/bias. This calls into question worker integrity from those you should expect it most. Lack of leadership on this dimension was an issue for me.

Beyond the fact that I was truly interested in advancing the mission of the SF Fed, seeing this behavior was enough for me to decide to leave...consciously knowing that the org dynamics were in conflict with my values.

Advice to Management

I would suggest you start with being receptive to honest feedback from your employees about the cultural issues that exist within the organization. Addressing the issues raised starts by acknowledging the other individuals point of view.