Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Pros

great people, good benefits, good workload

Cons

I cannot think of any

Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis

"Good place to work, but things are changing ... not necessarily for the better"

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For the most part, very friendly, caring, long-tenured employees. Good benefits. Immaculately renovated building, no dollar is spared on renovations.

Cons

The environment/culture has been changing the last 3 - 5 years, as I'm sure it has in other companies. I call it the "moneyball" effect. Numbers, metrics, measures, dashboards, balanced scorecards are all the rage, which I understand. However, I think the with this kind of thinking, there is less emotional concern about employees, less of a team atmosphere staff are just "numbers". It's all about did we "hit the metric".

Advice to Management

Remember what it is that made the culture so fun, energetic and caring 10 - 15 years ago. Talk to the leaders from those times and find out what they did to make the company a lively place, not a "robotic" management style that so many on the senior management team now have.

2. "Overall a pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

Pros

There are many opportunities to learn and develop new skills. In general there there are many different projects to work on. Research department is very open ended and not like a regular business so projects take a lot longer.

Cons

Some tasks get tedious which should be expected. Economists are not managers, so working for them can be difficult at times.

Advice to Management

It feels like there are economists, and then there is everyone else. I feel like if you don't have a PhD then you're not a valuable employee.