Federal Reserve Board - Great place to learn! | Glassdoor

"Great place to learn!"

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC
Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Federal Reserve Board as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The people you come in contact with are generally quite well educated and established in the field.
Almost everyone is genuinely dedicated to the work.
Work/home balance is quite good, especially as an intern.
The programs the Fed offers to interns to learn about different departments within the organization are stellar.

Cons

You will run into a bit bureaucratic red tape but it is far worse in other 'true' Government Departments

Advice to Management

Look to hire a younger workforce, you may be missing out on some business process innovation.

Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Board

1. "As a Web Development Intern, I enjoyed being in DC and Pay was Excellent"

Former Intern - Web Development Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Web Development Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Federal Reserve Board as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, nice environment, awesome buildings and perks that come with being a Board employee. Benefits are also good for employees. Work can get boring but that's just work. When I received my paycheck, it all made sense. Most people who work there are friendly but there is also some politics involved. Duh! I got to meet and take a pic with Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen. So that was a great experience.

Cons

I was given a tedious project from which I did not learn much. Seemed like wax on wax off type of job as an intern but I did my time and earned what I deserved. Actually they overpaid me... how dumb is that, being the Fed. I received an extra paycheck and they've been bugging me about it since.

Advice to Management

Please don't be so uptight. Not my manager, but some other interns I observed.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Research Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Federal Reserve Board full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, awesome benefits, great colleagues, little office drama/politics (in my section), great technical training, interesting research. This is an absolutely great place to work. 9-5 most of the time. Everyone is very bright and dedicated. Aside from "production" duties, you have autonomy to seek out research projects with different Economists. Management and Economists are very interested in your career development.

Cons

Charting work in S-plus for RAs can be a burden, as Economists often don't know what's entailed to complete their requests (during crunch times).