Federated Insurance - Review | Glassdoor

"Review"

Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

opportunity for growth, good training program, company car, good benefits with funded penson. Lots of field support when needed. annual reviews.

Cons

New management is hard to work with. mean to new employees and tough standards to follow for some. I wouldnt recomment this comany anymore

Advice to Management

Need to lay off new employees to the field a bit and provide more feedback that is positive. More field rides.

Other Employee Reviews for Federated Insurance

1. "VERY conservative culture where everyone moves at the same pace"

Current Employee - Programmer in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Programmer in Owatonna, MN

Pros

Co-workers are great to work with for the most part. I have made many friends at Federated. Also, their benefits package is very good.

Cons

The conservative culture is terrible. Business casual dress I can deal with but I feel like it is "big brother" out there. I've never missed a deadline and yet I leave 5 minutes early for break and get asked about it. Oh, did I mention I also put in overtime to make sure the job gets done when they need to? Yea, that they are ok with but not when you take an extra 5 minutes to get your head on straight. Also, everyone moves at the same pace when it comes to promotions and advancement. The opportunity to really move upward doesn't exist whether you are 10 times better or 10 times worse than the person sitting next to you.

Advice to Management

Don't look so much at the number of hours someone works but look at the work the person is completing. I may only work an average of 41-42 hours a week but at least all my work is getting done. Also, re-work your advancement opportunities so that you can give the really good workers at your company something to shoot for.

"Good Opportunity for Young Aggressive Sales Professionals"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Owatonna, MN
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Owatonna, MN

Pros

Great Training, second to none when it comes to that. Good opportunity to work with Specialize Niches and have Trade Association recomendations. Good opportunity for upward mobility and to be honest, a good resume item. They have a proven track record of success and you can count on consistency in their training.

Cons

Direct Writer, so difficult to place business at times in a hardening insurance market. They have a tendency to mandate business practices to their clients often time alienating them. There is way.. way ...way too much pressure put on Life Insurance sales. Your worth as a MR is dictated by your Life sales.

Advice to Management

More Communication, Better compensation for new hires. Less Repercussions for Not selling Life.