Federated Insurance - Great Employer! | Glassdoor

"Great Employer!"

Former Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

They hire with the desire that you will become part of the "family" and everyone is treated with respect. If you are looking for a company where you can make friends and no become another cog in the works...this is the place for you.

Cons

The company is still very small...so if you are young and looking for a wide variety of opportunities and locations to move and work in than this probably is not the best place for you. They also take allot of breaks for ice cream socials, apple pie day, etc. so if you are not in to being very social, stay away because you will not fit in (this can also be a pro if you are a social person).

Advice to Management

None, there company model is terrific. This is probably the absolute perfect company if not that it is too small for me and I decided not to work in the insurance industry...not my cup of tea.

Other Employee Reviews for Federated Insurance

1. "Review"

Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

opportunity for growth, good training program, company car, good benefits with funded penson. Lots of field support when needed. annual reviews.

Cons

New management is hard to work with. mean to new employees and tough standards to follow for some. I wouldnt recomment this comany anymore

Advice to Management

Need to lay off new employees to the field a bit and provide more feedback that is positive. More field rides.

2. "VERY conservative culture where everyone moves at the same pace"

Current Employee - Programmer in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Programmer in Owatonna, MN

Pros

Co-workers are great to work with for the most part. I have made many friends at Federated. Also, their benefits package is very good.

Cons

The conservative culture is terrible. Business casual dress I can deal with but I feel like it is "big brother" out there. I've never missed a deadline and yet I leave 5 minutes early for break and get asked about it. Oh, did I mention I also put in overtime to make sure the job gets done when they need to? Yea, that they are ok with but not when you take an extra 5 minutes to get your head on straight. Also, everyone moves at the same pace when it comes to promotions and advancement. The opportunity to really move upward doesn't exist whether you are 10 times better or 10 times worse than the person sitting next to you.

Advice to Management

Don't look so much at the number of hours someone works but look at the work the person is completing. I may only work an average of 41-42 hours a week but at least all my work is getting done. Also, re-work your advancement opportunities so that you can give the really good workers at your company something to shoot for.