Fedex Express - Good Place to work | Glassdoor

"Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Material Handler in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fedex Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manager was awesome, good job.

Cons

the summer heat but other than that great place to work!

Other Employee Reviews for Fedex Express

"Not so good anymore - just a paycheck"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fedex Express part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It used to be a great place to work good pay great benefits terrific management. Felt like you were part of something big and good. Today - its a paycheck, about the same as competitors but they only "displace" employees never lay them off.

Cons

The company has changed it's vision and view of the employee. Healthcare increases are more than the raises. I have less take home pay now then 5 years ago. No desire from management to innovate or try new things, complete disregard for the employee by upper management. Management mantra - just be glad you have a job - I have heard this so many times I want to scream.

Advice to Management

Front line management is OK but have had almost all authority stripped - can't hire, can't fire no input with regards to raises, all they do is make a schedule and catch the flack from disgruntled employees. Mid management has no clue what to do, they run around saying how well the company is doing but so sorry you can't have a raise because we have to increase our profits by 100% or you can't have a raise because the company only had a 3% profit margin (please ignore the fact that we bought 30 new planes last year and made nearly $1billion in profits) I guess they think we are stupid, perhaps that is why a HS diploma is no longer required. Management had better wake up to the employees or else they will get the employees they deserve and so long service levels. Management so wants to be like brown they forget that it is the employees that provide the "service" not the planes and not upper management. Happy employees make happy customers and disgruntled employees drive customers away. I suppose they have calculated how poorly they can treat employees and still get the service levels they want but it seems to be quite near a tipping point.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People friendly culture, global reach, good benefit package (health insurance).

Cons

Extraordinary performers do slightly better than average performers. Not a lot of upward mobility.