Fellers - Working for Fellers | Glassdoor

"Working for Fellers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
Flexible schedule
Vacation Time

Cons

Benefits
Poor Management
Working in Warehouse when needed
No Raises

Advice to Management

Having only one person working at the warehouse is unsafe and not practable. Also, the procedures are not cusotmer friendly and it turns customers away. You need to give your loyal employees raises as well, instead of concentrating on opening new facalities, you should concentrate on the ones that are already established. Take care of the people that have been loyal to you.

Other Employee Reviews for Fellers

"Warehouse Manager"

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Fellers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are the only good thing about this job

Cons

Everything else. The pay is a joke and the amount of work that is laid on your plate is too much for two people, let alone one.

Advice to Management

The job title "warehouse manager" should be changed to "warehouse EVERYTHING"
    When you are in this position you do everything....pull orders...inventory control...deal with customers...order supplies...clean the toilets.....EVERYTHING!!! The reason for that is because you are the only person in the warehouse. And the company will not hire a second person...or compensate you for the amount of work that you have to do. And when it comes to work...it is non stop. The term that I used was "relentless". The orders do not stop coming in. So you need to take care of that, customers coming in, daily cycle counts, unload trucks and put stock away. All within an eight hour period.

They will tell you that you are able to "cut off" so that you won't receive any more orders. This is their reasoning for not having a second person in the warehouse. However, you will still receive orders even when you aren't supposed to.

The good thing about the job is that you never see anyone from the corporate office. This is also the bad part about the job. Because, they have no idea the amount of work the position actually does. They only look at the bottom line and they make that very obvious whenever you bring up the short comings of their system.

The turn over rate for the position is extremely high. And management seems to be ok with it. The average warehouse manager (myself included) at the facility that I worked at worked for the company between 6 months to a year. Several managers in other facilities would just walk off of the job because of getting overwhelmed. I too felt like doing that.

I ended up being fired, not because I did anything wrong, but because I asked for a raise or some help. I said that I wasn't happy with the way that things were being run. The next week I saw my job posted on indeed and the week after that I received a call telling me that they are moving on with someone else....who will take your place in five minutes.

I could go on and on about how the company is run and how cruddy the position is. But it's easier if I say DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!!! I have been a REAL warehouse manager and supervisor with almost 25 years experience and i have never ever come across a company like this.

"Nobody cares. No money. No advancement. No joke."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least you are employed somewhere.

Cons

Employees from ALL departments are unhappy. Feeling of being STUCK in this job. No raises, no thank you's, no appreciation for you. Inside Sales management is lazy and unprofessional. They treat you as a body not as a person.

Advice to Management

Advice to Frank Fellers: At least pretend you care about your employees. Spend less time taking pictures of yourself and communicating with the people who put money in your pocket. Would also be professional if you put some in theirs in return. Lower management: appreciate the good people you have but first get out of your chair and circulate the office.