FetchBack - must love dogs. | Glassdoor

"must love dogs."

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - National Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

you can bring your dog to work. who doesn't love dogs? Also, you get to meet tons of new people - there's plenty of new hires in the door almost every month!

Cons

Ever tried to hit a moving target? This doesn't even begin to describe your employment experience at FetchBack. With sales tactics, pricing models, account lists, even your seating organization charts constantly changing, its difficult to comprehend what the current "push" is. Who do I report to? Who am I calling on? Why are my accounts disappearing? Why can't I add new ones? They've hired half a dozen new salespeople? Why? Who would have the answer to these questions?

Don't expect management to be transparent with this either - they love keeping everyone in the dark as much as they possibly can. When I perused the other reviews of FetchBack earlier, I laughed at the rumor mill comment - there's a huge gossip chain, and that's mostly because management is so uncommunicative and unprofessional the rest of the company is constantly trying to keep up.

Speaking of uncommunicative - sell a deal and expect it to be squashed ten times over before it actually gets you paid. Of course, this means you'll still be judged upon aspects completely out of your control - it makes for a pretty volatile environment.

Strangely enough, many individuals are able to find success in spades at the company, seemingly with little effort. Most of these people have been with the company long enough that this success seems to come without any resistance - while I consider myself to have a bit of tenure with the company, I can say that I'm baffled as to if this classifies them as better employees on every level, or just sheer favoritism within the organization.

Advice to Management

work on your upward and downward communication. value your employees, they are what make your position necessary and reflect directly as you as a leader.

Other Employee Reviews for FetchBack

1. "FetchBack is growing and changing...for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Alot of changes have been seen over the past 2+ years I've been here. We've grown significantly and qualified employees have been given the opportunity for growth paths. We've seen success month over month and have expanded teams significantly. All the while keeping the main thread of culture we've had from our small office days. We're of a work hard play hard mentality, and teams come together to get goals accomplished.

Cons

Although the culture for the most part is the same, it has changed in some ways as many companies do as they expand and bring in more diverse minds. With struggles to fill positions in middle management, upper management at times contributes too large a focus on big picture objectives, and leaves little details undone, which can be the biggest impact on their employees.

Advice to Management

More feedback on performance would help us better assess where we stand. Without having had reviews for over a year, its difficult to get straight-talk on where we stand in the eyes of management.

2. "You have the opportunity to learn more than you ever thought you'd know, in a very fast-paced environment."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere, growing industry, opportunity for job growth

Cons

uncertainty of ecommerce marketplace, start-up that has a lot of growing pains

Advice to Management

The training infrastructure needs to be updated. It's a large project, but its hampering the growth of the company.