Fiberlink - Good Company - Communication between departments needs improvement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fiberlink

"Good Company - Communication between departments needs improvement."

Former Employee - Developer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Former Employee - Developer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Pros

The computer room was very clean and modern, and this company tried to keep current on software. At the time I was there, they were moving to VMware. The people were very pleasant, and they budgeted money for training. They had some smart people. Also, free lunch on Friday (you'll gain weight working there), and they allowed drinking beer at your desk. They figured you were an adult, and could be responsible.

There was no vacation policy. You decide what days and how much time you want to take for vacation.

Cons

They run a new-employee orientation every year, where you get to meet with executive staff. That's good; but, the program is run with a little too much enthusiasm for a workplace. They kind of want to take the realness out of people.

There is a bonus plan, but some of the goals are vague. When I was there a lot of people had left, and I believe it was related to goals and expectation.

It's a security company. They video monitor everything that goes on in the building. For example, I don't need to know that a hammer was still left out in the computer room floor by the security officer. However, it was helpful to have the guy on task when the computer room door inadvertently locked from the inside.

Advice to Management

Communication was good within departments. However communication between departments was a disaster. Encourage honesty ... if you make a mistake with client data and inadvertently publish information admit it to the client. Focus on getting the right things done over getting the client's money.
Money will come with good service and good technology - just be honest about what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Fiberlink

1. "Good work"

Current Employee - Intern in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Intern in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Fiberlink (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Timings, Good place to learn

Cons

No cons from me as of now

2. "wonderful work environment"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Fiberlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food and snacks in the pantry, freedom of work with Work From Home options, very good hikes and salary

Cons

Nothing really, until it was bought by IBM.