Fidelity Investments - My experience was satisfactory overall. High pressure, long hours, low pay, good benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

"My experience was satisfactory overall. High pressure, long hours, low pay, good benefits."

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Benefits, a good reputation. Good people to work with, training and development opportunities. Wide range of job choices. Multiple locations.

Cons

Pay was lower than my peers at public companies. Long commute was difficult. Lack of advancement opportunities in management since I was in Boston, and they have been moving out of Boston. Inconsistent application of policies to employees.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be so politically correct when dealing with your employees. Stop forcing on us the management and HR "flavor of the day".

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

1. "Always on the phones"

Former Employee - Investment Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Investment Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Benefits are outstanding, management is very respectful of employees, more ethical than other companies, and flexible with schedules if notice is given in a timely manner.

Cons

No advancement. It's all lateral movement. Hard to go vertical.

There were a few situations where individuals with consistently outstanding numbers never got promoted to positions they earned. I personally knew such a person and from speaking to him it was due to some issues with his manager.

Very family / religious environment. This can be a good or bad thing depending on your personally situation.

When I was there, Fidelity implemented a terrible business plan which made service's function more like sales. It was done by making certain metrics, one is evaluated on, excessively high for sales like responsibilities. By the time I left, these metrics had been adjusted to more reasonable numbers. However, the service department still had a major roll in bringing in new money, without any compensation other than miniscule quarterly bonus.

Way to many metrics. You never know where you stand. I excelled in certain areas but average in others. My manager evaluations always made me feel like I was doing a bad job.

Advice to Management

Look at department's overall function and strive to excel within that framework. Stop making every department's responsibility about bringing in new money.

2. "good"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

Pros

great brand, well established, high integrity

Cons

low morale, difficult to navigate politics, a great deal of change, uncertainty, tolerating bad managers, siloed, slim opportuniities for advancement

Advice to Management

pay attention to employee morale