Fidelity Investments - Good place to work overall, but experience can vary wildly depending on manager and group | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Good place to work overall, but experience can vary wildly depending on manager and group"

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

Great compensation package- higher than average salary for IT, excellent health benefits, good bonuses, matching 401k, profit-sharing, yearly raises plus the chance for extra money through "internal shares" (it is a private company). Can be a great place to spend some time and get some good experience.

Cons

It's big, and made up of very individual groups that rarely interact with each other. If you're not careful, you can get lost. Same politics as everywhere else, and middle-management turnover is huge. New manager comes in and brings all his/her friends with them (at all levels). That's pretty much expected here. If you're not part of that "in" crowd, you're on the outside looking in.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

1. "Opportunities are there but are hard to find"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are really smart people who work here and there are great opportunities for career growth (at least initially) plus their pay and benefits are competitive

Cons

There are too many entrenched people who do the minimum and know how to survive, eventually it becomes soul destroying

Advice to Management

Don't assume that more bodies equals more ability to get store done, there are too many poor to mediocre people - most of the good ones eventually give up and leave.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance Consultant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Peers are great to work with. Helping customers reach goals. Sales are soft. Somewhat flexible schedule. Benefits

Cons

Pay. Call center so it is monotonous.

Advice to Management

I think that our bonuses should not be tied to customer team customer surveys. I understand it being on an individual level, but for it to be by how the team did that affects my bonus seems unfair.