Fidelity Investments - Great opportunities, high quality people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Great opportunities, high quality people"

Former Employee - Director of Communications in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Director of Communications in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Resources, people, internal advancement, facilities. This is a great place for self-starters who are smart, aggressive and politically savvy.

Cons

Very insular culture. Lots of red tape. Challenging to innovate in most areas. Quite conservative. Internal business units often fight amongst one another. Do not expect a lot of career development/talent nurturing training - people are much too busy here for that. You have to take it on yourself to learn and move forward here.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, good pay, excellent benefits. They are extremely focused on their customer, which makes the company successful. Everyone I worked with was nearly always very professional.

Cons

Lots of politics, very slow to advance employees, overly value soft skills in technical employees. They say that at Fidelity you're rewarded for what you do but my experience was that its at least half due to your political skill, as it is with many large companies.

Advice to Management

People need to feel valued and properly compensated for their work.

"Great if you have never worked anywhere else and do not plan on working anywhere else."

Former Employee - Private Client Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Private Client Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GREAT for young people just out of college looking to get their feet wet in the Financial Services Industry. They give plenty of support to new and untrained/inexperienced employees.

Cons

If you have EVER worked outside the firm before joining, you will be extremely surprised at some of the cultural differences. You really have to drink the kool-aid and conform if you want to stay happy. Really nice people, yet the firm is in a distinct identity crisis about who/what they want to be. They can't seem to get passed the notion that if you want to have a "relationship" that means relationship, not buy our products (proprietary funds, managed accounts and annuities)

Advice to Management

If you want people to manage relationships, train them on how a relationship should be managed, not: Buy our Funds & Annuities though I have too many clients and not enough experience to actually answer relationship questions that I will push you off to someone else...