Fidelity Investments - Great Co-Workers and Growth Potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Great Co-Workers and Growth Potential"

Current Employee - College Planning Specialist in American Fork, UT
Current Employee - College Planning Specialist in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- My co-workers are amazing people. Everyone is very friendly, outgoing, and generally positive. I look forward to seeing them every day and miss them on the weekends!
- The training is bar none. They give you extensive training to pass the Series 7 and 63 exams, making it almost impossible for you to fail, and every new skill set you master is accompanied by at least a week of intense training.
- The work environment is very pleasant. My desk is very spacious, the break rooms are well stocked, and we have huge windows with views of the mountains.
- If you're willing to work hard and network with people, the growth potential for your career at Fidelity is unlimited.

Cons

- The pay is less than it should be. Considering the complexity and responsibility on our shoulders with all the regulations and rules, we should be paid much more than we are.
- Some managers exhibit favoritism towards employees who are clearly incompetent at their jobs but are likable people.
- The micromanaging of your schedule is obnoxious, but it's pretty standard in a call center environment.

Advice to Management

Pay your phone reps more money! We work our butts off to take care of the customers who are not always very pleasant, and we should be fairly compensated.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

"EVERYBODY IS A VP"

Former Employee - Vice President 401K in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President 401K in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they made me vice president to travel all over

Cons

EVERYONE IS A VP AT THE COMPANY

Advice to Management

PICK THE CORRECT PEOPLE FOR UPPER MANAGEMENT

2. "Overall a good place, but that can differ greatly depending on the business unit."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid Benefits, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Annual increases are small, and promotions typically only provide a minimal raise (exceptions with certain business units). Pay may be high getting in the door, but the trajectory will quickly plateau.

Advice to Management

Compensation tends to benefit low functioning employees who are satisfied doing the bare minimum in exchange for decent benefits and stability. Shake it up--get rid of the dead weight and provide better incentive for top performers to stay around.