Fidelity Investments - Plan sponsor marketing | Glassdoor

"Plan sponsor marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits including 401k match, bonus, and in-house health & wellness center.

Cons

Jobs and departments may be moved to different states -- depending on current need to meet state tax break requirements.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people better.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

1. "Fidelity was THE place to be years ago but has gone downhill the past 6-7 years"

Former Employee - Client Manager in Smithfield, RI
    Former Employee - Client Manager in Smithfield, RI

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great people to work with. recreational facilities are fun for sports leagues. nice walking grounds and nice rural location.

Cons

instability of job. constant relocations of jobs going to Texas drives morale down.

Advice to Management

know how to keep the good employees by rewarding them.

2. "Very corporate culture, great benefits and pay, lots of bloat"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent 401K matching, but you're not fully vested until you hit your five years. Very good pay and benefits.

Culture depends on the division you're in -- I used to work in Strategic Advisers, Inc. (later rolled up into Asset Allocation) and the majority of the people that I worked with in that group were incredibly nice and smart. I'd heard not-so-great things about some of the other divisions at Fidelity, though, so I counted myself fortunate. Compared to the other floors in my building (245 Summer St), my floor was relatively casual and the floor plan was more open -- large half-cubes instead of the cube farms at the Smithfield, RI campus. Because I worked on a floor with portfolio managers and other members of investment management, we also got nicer drinks in the fridge.

I also had a very kind and nurturing manager and a good team.

Cons

Even within the division that I worked in, there were a few deadweights -- people who had made it to middle management after being at the company for 15+ years and were really just complacent and there for the paycheck. Those people were always a drag to work with; fortunately, I was able to minimize my dealings with them and usually partnered with the research and investment teams, who were filled with smart, driven people.

One other con was that it IS a big corporation, so change does come fairly slowly, and there are constant re-orgs and re-branding initiatives, which can get a bit difficult to keep track of. It can also be hard to get things done in an efficient manner because there are always a million stakeholders on each project.