Fidelity Investments - Four stars for the company, two stars for the job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Four stars for the company, two stars for the job."

Former Employee - Financial Representative- Full Trader in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Financial Representative- Full Trader in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that make up this company are really great and not only care about their coworkers, but the surrounding community as well. I made life-long friends here.

The training teams were very helpful in helping my entire new-hire class pass our licensing exams and the information I learned has been very helpful for my life in general.

My managers seemed genuinely interested in helping me find the right job internally--ironically this helped me realize that my dreams lay outside the company.

Cons

At its core, this is a call-center job--8 hours on the phone (or more). The information you discuss with clients is more complicated than other phone jobs, so you'll be relying on internal information systems since you can't know every little policy or acronym.

There's little time to breathe between calls at certain times of the year.

Meetings and coaching get cancelled all the time right when you're ready to take a break from the phones. I really could've used some help to improve the work I was doing.

Advice to Management

Perhaps all reps should switch between phones and e-mail/chat daily or by the hour instead of just a couple of teams. I've stayed at a horrible company precisely because of the variety it provided with phones and e-mail. It could do wonders at a company that people actually like.

Some issues require much more time to research and would waste less customers' time if you could just call clients back like the more specialized teams can.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great long term benefits, collegiate environment, good work, company really cares for customer. The firm is in a very unique and strong position in the financial services industry

Cons

Average compensation (and very slow growth), slow vesting schedule for profit share/contribution matches, bureaucracy

Advice to Management

Invest in talent development at junior levels. Improve career planning and support for associates. Increase speed in decision making and cut red tape

"Great Connections"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and a great network of employees all across the country, willing to listen to employees

Cons

Not being able to carry over vacation time seems irrational/encourages employees to use all their vacation days at the end of the year