Fidelity Investments - Financial Representative | Glassdoor

"Financial Representative"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Financial Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Life balance. Overtime helps to increase pay. Quarterly Bonus based on satisfaction. Bosses treat for lunch often. Branch life is great!

Cons

It seems the vacation time is less than other jobs. Less of a focus on truly understanding the market and the movement and more focus on actual products.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to Reps. Give a clear timeframe of progression and create a tighter structure for the Rep role.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Old processes, politics and a slave driving, unrelenting busy day will have you begging for mercy"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

education, series 7 and 63. Job made me realize what evil is and to quit and follow my dream

Cons

Everything else. If you decide to take the financial representative role, be prepared to give your life away. Call after call after call of nothing but angry abusive customers. Fidelity refuses to update their computers or programs, so you will be working with outdated processes with no support. If you like dealing with negativity all day, this is the job for you. Horrible job. Horrible!

Advice to Management

There is no work-life balance. Fidelity needs to change everything. How do they expect an employee to finish everything they ask when the calls are backed up the entire day?

"fun place to work at (software engineer)"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Fidelity Investments as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very cooperative and exciting environment to work at. It was a tight knit group and everyone got along fine (I did not see too many office politics). Most of my team was located locally and it helped in coordinating with other team members (But later they have moved many jobs out of MA and remote teams may become more common). Hard working and smart employees are encouraged by the sr. management.
    At the division I worked, there was a good life/work balance.

Cons

Technologies are not that cutting edge. They do not want to experiment with latest technologies and prefer their legacy systems.