Fidelity Investments - Merrimack Call Center: Worst job I've ever had! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Merrimack Call Center: Worst job I've ever had!"

Former Employee - 401k Specialist/Customer Service Associate in Merrimack, NH
Former Employee - 401k Specialist/Customer Service Associate in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing, unless you're a masochist.

Cons

Big Brother is watching EVERYTHING you do. All phone calls and all computer use is recorded, timed, measured - Anything you say or do can and will be used against you. Metrics for everything and anything - Did you leave for break on time? (doesn't matter if you're on a call with a client); How many and how long were your bathroom breaks?; Constant coaching of what you said on calls with clients. If you're not perfect, you don't get a raise.
They want drones, not humans, you're expected to say the exact same script every single time, no matter what. They should just have employees monitoring calls from clients and push "Button #27" for the script for that question, "Button #92" for script for this question... As soon as you hang up from one call, the next call is coming in, virtually non-stop the whole shift. I'd be surprised if they don't run out of people in the area soon to fill those jobs - they've burned out so many and/or fired so many for miniscule infractions of their rules. Doesn't matter how many 'Kudos' you got from clients that were happy with your assistance.

Advice to Management

Get real. People aren't perfect. Cut them some slack.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments

"Great company"

Pros

Good company! A lot of opportunities for career growth.

Cons

Micro managing has been something that has been ramping up.

"Decent pay, good work/life but culture stinks, lack of communication"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time

Pros

I worked in IT. My immediate team was nice, the pay was good, and I didn't work every weekend. My job was ok. To do my job took wayyyy longer than it needed to take.

Cons

I think the culture is competitive to the point that people don't readily share knowledge. They hide it from each other in order to make themselves look better. That kind of behavior doesn't help a company move forward. They are also way too conservative and never want to take responsibility. Instead, they make decisions by consensus so that no one is to blame if something goes wrong.