Fidelity National Financial - Management needs an overhaul | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity National Financial

"Management needs an overhaul"

Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA
Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA

Pros

I loved having flex time and the opportunity to telecommute. The people are what I love most about the company. Even though the management processes aren't my favorite, I still consider the people a second family.

Cons

I had to harass my manager for a review and a raise which occured once out of the five years I worked for the company despite several promotions. We never received a commission even when business was booming. Lower level management lacks backbone and won't be frank with upper management about staff issues or even production problems. Management has been know to yell at employees in front of any one listening. No one is getting performance reviews which may be part of the reason poor managers are kept in their roles for so long.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the mangement team and remove leaders who lack vision and forward thinking. Remove leaders who are meek and afraid to even correct their staff on minor issues. Be open about upcoming changes. Be open about job openings instead of holding private meetings and then suddenly announcing promotions. There should be a fair application process to promotion opportunities instead of management hand picking their favorite friends.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity National Financial

1. "heads up"

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

its a job...and I appreciate having a job in this screwed-up economy. but, this is the most mismanaged company I've ever worked for.

Cons

this company has weak leadership. management doesn't spend a minute on motivation. it more of a 'what have you done for me lately' type of attitude

Advice to Management

look and review your managers! are the the best out there. do they ever get reviewed? god knows that we don't!

2. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Fidelity National Financial is a good place to work. They have great benefits and a decent management staff. Excellent support staff that was always there for trainers.

Cons

There weren't really any cons except for management was a little heavy-handed in their management style other than that Fidelity was a good place to work.

Advice to Management

It was a little frustrating to get noticed by the boss because she had her favorites. I would recommend that you go above and beyond your job description to get the recognition you deserve.