Fidelity National Financial - OK at the moment | Glassdoor

"OK at the moment"

Current Employee - Offce Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Offce Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Company benefits are great. The strength of the company should be a great way to market this economy

Cons

Request for help falls on deaf ears. Why is it necessary to have TWO managers responsible for the same thing? Is that cost effective?

Advice to Management

See where the offices need help and FOLLOW THROUGH. Look at management costs and not just offices when looking to cut costs.

Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity National Financial

1. "Claims Counsel"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Irvine, CA

Pros

Regular income was deposited electronically.

Cons

Poor supervision, training and management respect for employees

Advice to Management

Apply intelligence toward management and clearly define goals and expectations.

2. "Management needs an overhaul"

Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA

Pros

I loved having flex time and the opportunity to telecommute. The people are what I love most about the company. Even though the management processes aren't my favorite, I still consider the people a second family.

Cons

I had to harass my manager for a review and a raise which occured once out of the five years I worked for the company despite several promotions. We never received a commission even when business was booming. Lower level management lacks backbone and won't be frank with upper management about staff issues or even production problems. Management has been know to yell at employees in front of any one listening. No one is getting performance reviews which may be part of the reason poor managers are kept in their roles for so long.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the mangement team and remove leaders who lack vision and forward thinking. Remove leaders who are meek and afraid to even correct their staff on minor issues. Be open about upcoming changes. Be open about job openings instead of holding private meetings and then suddenly announcing promotions. There should be a fair application process to promotion opportunities instead of management hand picking their favorite friends.