Fifth Third - Why not Fifth Third? | Glassdoor

"Why not Fifth Third?"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Southfield, MI
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Southfield, MI

Pros

Work Ethnic as well as the people. It is fun to be in an environment were most of your co-workers care about there own work and are willing to help you with things you may not understand. The banking industry is hard to cope especially now with the economic downturns that we are facing.

Cons

Just working for a bank right now is the downside. I dont think it has anything to do with Fifth Third directly, its more of the economic placing the blame on banks big and small regardless of there involvement with some of the shady deals done in wall street.

Advice to Management

Keep going on strong as we are a very strong and sound bank. Dont sell fifth third to any one. We are worth alot more than you may know and making a quick buck to merge with another bank / equity firm isnt the answer

Other Employee Reviews for Fifth Third

"Give it a try"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

good benefits package, sound banking institution. Training is paid for and mileage is reimbursed which is a plus. The bank is doing well in light of economic problems. Conservative banking habits ensures the integrity and survival of this bank in the long term.

Cons

Sometimes a little disorganized and maybe a little outdated in terms of modern banking but this overall helps in terms of security.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to have a little more organization overall and better communication between the team. Other than that, not too many problems thus far.

"I work in Michigan and my goals are even higher than last years!"

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

With the minimal staffing I should make it through this recession, though I can see senior mtg cutting those that they say make too much.

Cons

The rating system this year is so restrictive that many employees will have a sub-standard rating unless the rating system as set up is not followed. The gaols to be achieve each year are not given until May, so most employees do not know what is to be achieved since there is no two way dialogue on how the goals are set.

Advice to Management

If Gallop is to be used, let our customer's know that the ranking system is 5=good, 4,3,2,1=bad not how we were graded in school, A through E. This system is Pass and Fail but the customer is not aware of the system.