Fifth Third - Awesome | Glassdoor

"Awesome"

Pros

Best place to work of all time

Cons

There are some people who think they know everything

Other Employee Reviews for Fifth Third

"Employees must drink the company Kool-Aid to survive."

Current Employee - Retail Licensed Personal Banker(I) in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Retail Licensed Personal Banker(I) in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to begin your banking / financial services career. Pay scale is as good as anywhere in the banking / financial services industry.

Cons

Training is minimal a best, this is a place where you learn on the job with very little support. Current company culture is to place unrealistic goals on its employees, then manage you and your bonus to those goals. Then at the end of the year instead of adjusting the goals to reflect actual sales, they simply increase last year’s inflated goals by another 15%. Of course every employee’s bonuses and performance reviews are based on how well you preformed to those goals. Company has huge turnover of employees. Company is in a technology blackhole.

Advice to Management

Run the company as a business instead of trying to please stock analysts. Listen and learn to implement employee suggestions and concerns. The public needs a bank that understands the average consumer’s everyday debt and credit concerns and works diligently to provide products and services to meet those needs without excessive fees. Technology improvements will make this bank leap forward in productivity. Management should suspend the stock dividend and use those funds to totally revamp their technology.

2. "Beware of severe Micro Managing(at least in Northern Michigan)"

Former Employee - Financial Center Manager in Traverse City, MI
    Former Employee - Financial Center Manager in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Fifth Third full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really great place to learn. Lots of opportunities to move up as employee retention is extremely low.

Cons

In Northern Michigan the average branch manager last two years. During my three years spent as branch manager, there were not any branches in the Traverse City area to keep the same manager on average most had three different managers. If you can adapt to micro-managing and feeling as your supervisor does not trust you, this is the right company for you.

Advice to Management

Do something about problems, rather than just move them around. Recognize trends and deal with them. I truly believe Fifth Third is a great company to work for, but the experience I had, I would not suggest any hire in the retail area of Northern Michigan