Files.com - Small, Smart, Self-Funded Remote Company w/ Strong Engineering Practices | Glassdoor

"Small, Smart, Self-Funded Remote Company w/ Strong Engineering Practices"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Engineer in Clinton, UT

I have been working at Files.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

100% Remote, No Office. Good salary, good modern tech stack. Transparent leadership. CEO is a strong Software Engineer himself and thus has realistic expectations and is very understanding of engineering problems and ETAs.

Cons

There's no hand-holding nor much time is spent on "managing" employees and helping them to succeed, as some bigger companies do. You have to be self-managed, identify problems and suggest solutions on your own.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and especially the engineering team.

Files.com2019-07-18

Other Employee Reviews

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Engineer

I have been working at Files.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really like working at ActionVerb because of the people and the technology. This is the first company that I have worked for that security is number one priority. The work is challenging and rewarding all at the same time. Everyone who works for Action Verb is an expert in their field and they are fantastic to work with. The bonus is that I am a client of our product as well.

Cons

Working remote can be challenging for some. What it teaches is to really over communicate your thoughts and ideas.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are on and I have no doubt we will do well!

Files.com2019-07-23

"It takes great people to make a great company"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Files.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I first read Action Verb's "Core Beliefs" I was immediately taken aback that they so closely match my own. After my first month on the job I am still enjoying what I consider to be the best fit culturally of any company I've been with in the past 20 years. I felt welcomed from my very first day on the job. Action Verb hires mainly senior-level people with proven track records in multiple disciplines. Being a... generalist with a strong software development background, it's nice to finally be able to learn from my colleagues and share my expertise as well. At other jobs I often felt like I was alone in my need to constantly learn new technologies and rarely had the opportunity to learn from someone more senior. Before Action Verb, the burden of researching and vetting new technologies rested solely on my shoulders. It's so refreshing to be surrounded by like-minded colleagues who have such a thirst for knowledge. Expectations are very clearly communicated and co-workers are eager to help us new hires with navigating the well-documented company procedures and polices. Although Action Verb is a remote-only company, I have never experienced any lack of communication or collaboration. Our core product, Files.com, is a feature-rich service for businesses and can scale to meet the demands of large enterprises. It's a product I'm proud to be associated with.

Cons

Working for a start-up can have its challenges, but this is not something specific to Action Verb. Personally, I cannot find too much that I would like to see improved

Advice to Management

Maintain the course we're on. Security is at the top of our list, where it should be. It's something we're good at and I hope we will always maintain our focus on it.

Files.com2019-07-22

Discover more reviews about Files.com.