Filter - Great people in a growing agency | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Filter

"Great people in a growing agency"

I worked at Filter full-time

Pros

Fun, smart people. Lots of passion around their common cause. Well organized. Strong leadership. They don't take themselves too seriously, but they are super serious about the work they do for their clients.

Cons

Work environment can be chaotic and hectic at times. Sales team often oversells and under-quotes to get work in the door, which often results in near-impossible situations for the delivery teams.

Other Employee Reviews for Filter

1. "Great Experience for Creative Talent"

Current Contractor - Senior User Experience/Web Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Senior User Experience/Web Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Filter as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been contracting through Filter Digital since 2006 and believe them to be some of the best to work with. I always felt like they were working with my best interests in mind. Hourly rate was always competitive and appropriate for the Bay Area and my skill level/experience. I never felt like they were taking advantage of me and I've been really happy with their paid time off program.

I've even had a recruiter stick up for me when I decided to leave a start-up company that really didn't treat their marketing department well. I've also had the same recruiter give me great advice and to stick it out in an environment where there was fighting around me but not directed towards me. I'm really happy with how Filter recruiters have always treated me with dignity and respect, as opposed to a commodity to be taken advantage of.

Cons

Better vision care for those not in the Seattle area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Filter Could Do Better By Its Employees"

Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Filter as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, engaging staff catering to "creative" types. Decent benefits, but not great. Very responsive when it comes to payroll-related or benefits questions.

Cons

Slow to respond to personnel or HR-related questions regarding the client. Filter promises to be there after you leave employ of client, but there is little or no follow-through or attempts to situate you in another role.

Advice to Management

Be more pro-active at finding other roles at the same company for which the contract hire may be more suitable; don't just drop him or her. Live up to your promise to keep people you take on employed. Respond more quickly f there is an issue.