FindLaw - Great company, but depending where you get placed as an intern, your experience will differ. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FindLaw

"Great company, but depending where you get placed as an intern, your experience will differ."

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Eagan, MN
Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Eagan, MN

I worked at FindLaw as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

FindLaw truly has a great corporate culture with excellent people. As my first internship experience, I could not have asked for a more bright group of people to work with.

Cons

However, the tasks I got were not as challenging as I had hoped.

Other Employee Reviews for FindLaw

1. "FindLaw Services"

Current Employee - Senior Client Development Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Client Development Consultant

I have been working at FindLaw full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, new products, home office environment

Cons

Reps spend too much time putting out fires. Our offsite SEO programs are not a good value, and they don't seem to try to enhance them enough to do the job they are suppose to do. In an ever increasing competitive landscape we can't seem to perform at the levels corporate has estimated in general. It can be frustrating to get corporate to help amend programs that are not working. Reps are pushed to sell new products that don't add value to the program The job is very stressfull and is long hours. We don't have a great reputation in the marketplace

Advice to Management

Programs should be customized more depending on the clients needs and their history online.

2. "Horrible upper management, politics, and projects."

Former Contractor - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Contractor - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at FindLaw as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Attorney bloggers and managers are generally pretty good. Good work/life balance, most employees put in regular hours.

Cons

VPs and Directors prevent real work from being done. Projects are often set up for failure with the team being thrown under the bus. No motivation to actually ship projects.

Advice to Management

Terminate existing VPs and Directors and replace with motivated people who can provide direction and know how to communicate. Culture and transparency could use improvement as well.