Fingerpaint Marketing - Account Services Intern | Glassdoor

"Account Services Intern"

Pros

Great culture, well-rounded internship experience

Cons

I didn't have any negative experiences!

Other Employee Reviews for Fingerpaint Marketing

"Uncommon Collaboration (it's real, and it's here)"

Current Employee - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in Saratoga Springs, NY

Pros

People are on their game here, and you can tell by the conversations you have in meetings, in the kitchen, or at our open air work areas. The things we do, the feats we achieve, it makes everyone sort of rise to the occasion to collectively get things done. Fingerpaint has an internal dev team (in my previous agencies we used 3rd party vendors) and an internal digital strategy team which makes collaboration between departments simple, and it lets the execution of creative ideas take a more direct route.

You hear a lot about uncommon collaboration when Fingerpaint is discussed in the media, it's Ed's favorite term for what we do here, and I have to say (I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid) I think it's true. Creative sits with Account, we talk, we find solutions, we figure things out. Project management sets up meetings between individual to manage all of our time and make sure we connect on projects, that's cool because it keeps me organized. The work can be challenging and plentiful, but I'd say most days I'm home by 6, so are lots of people. Also a plus, everyone understands that life happens, and when people need to take time to be with their families, everyone is accommodating.

I can honestly say I've done my best creative work since joining Fingerpaint, and that's kind of all that matters. But other things I've really enjoyed include the dedication to philanthropy, the breadth of clients (pharma/device/consumer/film/entertainment), fun things like the office is dog friendly, there's always candy and soda and bagels and fruits and snacks. There's an amazing holiday party every year for all offices, we have excellent transparency with monthly and quarterly updates on what's going on in the agency, there's lunch and learn pizza parties, there's public acknowledgement of accomplishments, and I must say I like our downtown Saratoga location, it's pretty cool.

Cons

This is advertising so the problems I've found here I have found at previous agencies, I guess that's life. Cons include things like very aggressively tight deadlines, rushed jobs, overload of tasks, too many meetings to do the actual work, people needing to stay in their lanes, people steamrolling decisions, and a clear understanding among all people of the value each department brings instead of grumbling about who gets what hours, who's driving the train or who's doing to much or too little. People are people, you can't escape that. The age old account vs creative thing is mitigated here because we're all in each other's bidness, but we're also all adults who can come to terms with decisions and talk through grievances.

2. "Great Company, Great Employees"

Current Employee - Public Realtinos
    Current Employee - Public Realtinos

I have been working at Fingerpaint Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely creative, encouraging environment. Management is approachable and always supportive and helpful. The company is growing fast so it's a blast getting to be able to grow with it. Great perks of being an employee and awesome clients!

Cons

Not the best internal communication between FP offices.