Finish Line - working at finish line | Glassdoor

"working at finish line"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Independence, MO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Independence, MO

I worked at Finish Line full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for learning how to sell item. Also a great stepping stone for a overall selling job.

Cons

I was promised managment 2 times and both times they brought someone else in to fill the position. Also pay raises were supposed to be based on selling performance, but every time raises came around i was bumped the same as everyone else even though my selling average was 2 times as much.

Advice to Management

If you say something about becoming manager or higher then keep the promise made and do not bring in other people to fill that position. Also if pay raises are based on performance then why are they all the same? keep your promises, it might cost more but trust me moral will be much higher and people will work a lot harder.

Other Employee Reviews for Finish Line

1. "Great starting point"

Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Finish Line full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always looking for improvement/advancement. Very flexible with schedule and your needs for the most part. Good place to begin a career

Cons

At the store level, seems like the associates of the smaller volume stores are at a disadvantage when earning their wage because of the lack of traffic at times.

Advice to Management

More needs to be done to ensure that stores are staffed at the assistant manager position in a more timely manner. Also, it is harder to keep the smaller stores staffed for lack of compensation at the associate level. A better pay raise scale is needed.

2. "It was a great place to work with great people in a fun environment."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gadsden, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gadsden, AL

I worked at Finish Line part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, Great place to interact one on one with customers to help them find what they need. Teaches you a lot about customer service and how to deal with people in the work place.

Cons

There was no commission when I worked there but that has changed. Can get boring during the week when there are fewer customers. Having to ship shoes isn't very fun