Finish Line - Finish Line SUCKED! | Glassdoor

"Finish Line SUCKED!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The employee discount was awesome I LOVED it! 30% and most of the other employees were nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

When I first began working at Finish Line it was amazing I had no complaints whatsoever. Then the DM fired my manager for something VERY petty! They brought in a new manager that was completely incompetent. I had been working at finish line for about 5 months at the time and he came in trying to tell the old staff like me things that we had never heard of before. He hired new staff and all the people that had been there prior to him coming in hardly got any hours! I went from working atleast 4 days a week to WORKING ONLY ONCE EVERY OTHER WEEK! The new assistant managers were just rude and prior to the new manager I was allowed to use my discount on ANY purchase I would make then the new manager said the shoes had to be for just me. For the 6 months I had worked there it had never been like that.

Advice to Management

Make it clear to your employees what you want instead of just getting mad and talking behind the associates backs.

If you can't afford to give the current employees any hours DONT BRING IN NEW ONES!

Other Employee Reviews for Finish Line

1. "Seasonal Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Auburn, WA

Pros

You get a 30% discount on all items in the store
    Fairly easy job
    Working with other people
    It was a very chill laid back environment

Cons

As in other stores, making the sale at the end of the day
    Working with hard, rude, complicating etc. customers

Advice to Management

There's nothing really i have to complain about this job, I enjoyed working there and I'd love to work there again just because workers and management was really nice.

2. "Good place for a High School Student"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The rest of the staff are really fun to work with , and you're always working around the coolest new shoes, clothes, etc. And a great 30% employee discount

Cons

The management always pressures you into trying to sell all of the extra accessories and cleaners that people never want.

Advice to Management

Management did a pretty good job, but could have done a little better recognizing when it was and wasnt the employees faults they werent hitting their numbers.