Finished Basement Company - A high-turnover company not interested in maintaining a long-term workforce | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Finished Basement Company

"A high-turnover company not interested in maintaining a long-term workforce"

Former Employee - Interior Designer in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Interior Designer in Denver, CO

Pros

- Short project lead time, pretty satisfying to see the project complete in 3 months
- Non-management staff are great people to work with
- FBC conducts client reviews that make it possible to get feedback from clients after a project is completed
- Kitchen well-stocked with snacks

Cons

- Very poor leadership and management, lots of finger pointing and blaming of staff when sales are down
- Too much emphasis on supposed "company culture" and resulting propaganda/slogans, and too little emphasis on actual effective leadership
- High turnover in staff due to burnout and frustration
- Staff with no sales background or experience are held to sales numbers
- Employer expects that you will be available to attend meetings 12+ hours per day
- No value placed on quality of design, given a few hours to do a week's worth of design work

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with prospective employees when they interview for design positions. Don't pretend like there will be any emphasis on design. Be clear that it is a high-volume process, without much time to spend on design, and there is a heavy emphasis on sales.

Finished Basement Company Response

Jun 27, 2013 – Hiring Manager

Finished Basement Company prides itself in creating a workplace that allows individuals to grow and thrive in a fast paced environment. Our number one goal is to have a team that LOVES what they do... More

Other Employee Reviews for Finished Basement Company

1. "Leader"

I have been working at Finished Basement Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the culture! The team is amazing and always will to help anyone. There is so much empowerment to move things forward at any level within the company.

Cons

Keep moving things forward. Training is key

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Things are moving forward at lightening speed!

2. "Design Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Finished Basement Company full-time

Pros

This place is beyond welcoming! Everyone is so nice and focused, I felt at home on day 1. The FBC fam is just amazing. The work environment is the best I have experienced.

Cons

None. Days fly by and the team is so great

Advice to Management

I love everything about management, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this family

Finished Basement Company Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Coordinator of Amazing People

Thank you so much for reviewing us. We’re so happy you are enjoying your employment with FBC. Our goal is definitely to make our new employees feel like they are part of the team from the start. We... More