FireEye - Best in the industry! | Glassdoor

"Best in the industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at FireEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has everything you could want in a company. Having recently come from the ranks of an tech industry giant who struggle under their strength and size, I couldn't be more pleased with FireEye. They've provided a team I can learn and grow with, an atmosphere that utilizes my individual strengths and shows appreciation for them, and compensation that is bar none. I can also happily say that this company has great respect for your personal time, a value I hope they'll continue to value as the tech industry moves farther and farther from it.

Cons

This company is still very much in its growing stages, which means constant change and restructuring. However, all of the changes I've experienced so for have been for the better, they're growing NOT shrinking and so the restructure offers tons of opportunity to move up. A shout out to solid leadership for that.

Advice to Management

Continue to be translucent. Nothing willing keep strong people in your ranks like proving that you trust and value them and their opinions.

Other Employee Reviews for FireEye

1. "Top notch technology and talented staff in a high growth market!"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting projects, dynamic growth, and tremendous opportunities for personal long term career goals. Very talented staff with experience and skills to make it happen. Strong management team, with open communication style to keep everyone on the same page. A balance of hard work and play as a team.

Cons

A fast growing company is always a challenge for enough time in the day and the resources required to get things done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the things you are doing and do more of it.

"Start Up to UpStart"

I have been working at FireEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HUGE growth which means lots of potential to move up. Pay is good, stock isn't what it used to be but this is a job where you can network for the rest of your career!

Cons

Institutional inconsistencies mean promotion processes aren't consistent and can be infuriating. Silicon Valley mentality of "work comes first" and hard to justify normal hours (ie check your email at 10pm before going to bed or you'll answer in the morning)