FireEye - Best in the industry! | Glassdoor

"Best in the industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at FireEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has everything you could want in a company. Having recently come from the ranks of an tech industry giant who struggle under their strength and size, I couldn't be more pleased with FireEye. They've provided a team I can learn and grow with, an atmosphere that utilizes my individual strengths and shows appreciation for them, and compensation that is bar none. I can also happily say that this company has great respect for your personal time, a value I hope they'll continue to value as the tech industry moves farther and farther from it.

Cons

This company is still very much in its growing stages, which means constant change and restructuring. However, all of the changes I've experienced so for have been for the better, they're growing NOT shrinking and so the restructure offers tons of opportunity to move up. A shout out to solid leadership for that.

Advice to Management

Continue to be translucent. Nothing willing keep strong people in your ranks like proving that you trust and value them and their opinions.

Other Employee Reviews for FireEye

1. "Top notch technology and talented staff in a high growth market!"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting projects, dynamic growth, and tremendous opportunities for personal long term career goals. Very talented staff with experience and skills to make it happen. Strong management team, with open communication style to keep everyone on the same page. A balance of hard work and play as a team.

Cons

A fast growing company is always a challenge for enough time in the day and the resources required to get things done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the things you are doing and do more of it.

"Bleeding Edge Tech, Motivated Folk and Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Some Guy In Engineering in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Some Guy In Engineering in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at FireEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, motivated co-workers who take pride in their work and in the product. Company invests in headcount and equipment and in keeping the employees happy. Bleeding edge tech that competitors are still trying to catch up to. Perks are nice, but are icing on the cake. Environment, teammates, and belief in the product are what matter most.

Cons

Growing pains as stated above. Company is shedding the vestiges of it's pre-IPO startup days but is still not there in terms of having mature processes and documentation where it needs to. Long hours and high work output are expected of you. This is no place for slackers or those who want to coast (this of course could belong in Pros. Facilities are crowded due to the explosive growth, but they are planning on ameliorating this shortly.

Advice to Management

Keep keeping employees in the loop on what is going on with the company. Transparency is always golden. Knowing what the short-term and long-term roadmaps are, give us something to shoot for.

FireEye Response

Aug 12, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thanks for taking the time to post on our page. We are glad that you are enjoying the environment, teammates, and belief in the product here at FireEye. Remember to tell your friends to come work ... More