FireHost - Very good company | Glassdoor

"Very good company"

I have been working at FireHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great at sharing ideas and teamwork

Cons

Serve big lunches that are too much to handle sometimes

Advice to Management

Employ more people!

Other Employee Reviews for FireHost

1. "High performance company with high expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Armor has a passionate group of smart people who work hard. The company is growing fast and there is continual change to align with the market. The CEO really cares about the employees and it shows in Armor's policies and benefits. Overall, I enjoy my coworkers, respect my management, and feel empowered to do my job.

Cons

The constant change is sometimes hard to keep up with, but I realize that any company growing this fast will have some amount of chaos. There have been some major changes in senior leadership in the last year.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable for their results.

"FireHost has a Good CEO"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at FireHost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Drake is a great leader, period. Someone below said that he has an ego. What leader of a highly successful company doesn't have a little bit of an ego? He at least knows how to control it. He's worked his butt of to hire the best security and marketing professionals out there.

The same person that was talking about Drake's ego also said Sales are down because PPC doesn't work in the enterprise market and that the compliance test didn't work. How wrong can you be? They are not doing well with paid search because the paid search person left to start his own agency. It had nothing to do with FireHost going up-market. You said that AWS and Fireeye don't spend on paid search as proof that you knew what you were talking about. Wrong. I have personally talked to both AWS (a current client of mine) and FireEye (a company that I personally interviewed with) and both have plans to double their SEM budget in 2015-2016. Why? Because FireHost did so well with the channel.

FireHost is a well-oiled machine that secures some of the largest enterprise applications. Their security staff are 10x more knowledgeable than their competitors. They did make a change back to their founder – which in my honest option was the best thing they did since selling secure cloud hosting.

The Drake clan hand-picked the old Marketing and Sales team, and he knows how to keep good employees. The reason these employees left was because the board put in a new CEO that brought in a ton of people from Rackspace. These people thought they needed to change everything at FireHost to take them from where they were to this magical place. The only problem was that the old staff was doing all of the correct things, and they were already on the right track, thanks to K. Drake and her team. We all know what happened next. My point is that Drake is a good leader and some of the comments below are completely misguided. If I was in the shoes of someone thinking about working at FireHost, I would take the job, keep my head down, and do good work. They will take care of those the produce. Don't pass them up because of a few bad apples that were hired by a temporary misguided change in leadership caused by the Board of Directors. This is a good company.

Money was good to great, career advancement was good, work life balance was incredible, and the company was above average with their culture and values.

Healthcare was very good. I think I had a $1000 family deductible. I'm serious. I had a baby and my manager lets me work from home for three weeks. My kids three months later gets sick and they let me have another week off. My dad gets cancer treatment and they let me work a couple weeks from Florida.

C'MON MAN This is a great company to work for. Faith (I should have had more of it.), Family, and FireHost.

Cons

Have they had issues in the past, sure. I didn't even leave on good terms, but there are a ton of reasons to work at FireHost. If someone that left on bad terms is telling you that the company is great, you should probably check them out and give them a shot.

Advice to Management

Great job with the new FireHost!

FireHost Response

Oct 30, 2015 – Founder and CEO

Thank you for the kind review and thoughts on your time at FireHost. You'd love the new Armor so stop by sometime.