Cover image for Firehouse Subs

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for a first job, not so much for experienced workers.

Jul 21, 2022 - Shift Leader in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free subs on worked shifts, Shift leaders can eat a free sub on their days off. When you have a good team, the shifts go by quickly.

Cons

The maximum amount of hours they would give me a week as a shift lead was 25-30 hours and the pay was bi-weekly, so the checks didn't always seem efficient or worth the work load. When the district manager would come visit, he was very intimidating and looking for anything to get on to you about with no encouragement whatsoever. A shift lead quit on the spot, so I took it upon myself to apply for the position. I was promised a pay raise once I got the hang of shift lead, but the owners sold the store and failed to mention this to the new owners, so after working here for 2 years I only had a 5 cent raise. The customers could be very aggressive and irate. I had an incident where a customer began cursing me out because I was in the middle of a phone order and couldn't assist them right away. I was the only cashier taking phone orders, online orders, and in person orders. Expect to be short staffed as most of these stores are independently owned and can't afford to pay more employees.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great job for high school and college students!

Feb 3, 2023 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing food - Kind staff

Cons

- Workers don't get tips

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to work for

Jan 26, 2023 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great organization Very structured flexible schedule Great first job growth within the company

Cons

Would be better if there were longer hours

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Firehouse Subs.

Firehouse Subs Photos

+ Add Photo
Firehouse Subs photo of: our team at work , we all get along like family
Firehouse Subs photo of: Former place of employment, Firehouse Subs at Mariner's Village.
Firehouse Subs photo of: We absorbed a recently closed store's dry inventory
Firehouse Subs photo of: A 9-lb. turkey about to be sliced
Firehouse Subs photo of: Inside the store.

Have you worked here?