Firestone Complete Auto Care - Long hours. It's retail. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

"Long hours. It's retail."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Lots of overtime pay. You can make some pretty decent money being that pay is hourly with everything after 40 hours being time and a half. Employees are expected to work 48 hours per week, but 55 hours in a week is not rare.

Cons

Lots of overtime hours. Stores generally staff 2-4 sales teammates per day, but expect them to work full days. 7am to 8pm is not out of the ordinary.

Management gets upset about too much overtime, but doesn't seem willing to bring in the proper staff needed to make staying under 48 hours a possibility.

Advice to Management

Either be willing to shell out the overtime needed to keep your best people in the store, or bring in more sales associates and change schedule structure to shift work. Just know that customers don't like seeing different faces every time they bring their car in.

Other Employee Reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

"Good place for rapid upward movement"

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Everyday is different filled with new chanllanges and goals.

Cons

Retail hours, if busy may work late. Working weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

Management is very good at pointing out problems but unable to offer solutions.

"Great Pay! No work life balance!!"

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great pay and benefits package. You get the opportunity to build great teams and help customers take care of their second largest purchase of their lives.

Cons

CONSTANT CONSTANT CONSTANT micro management and pressure from upper management to sell sell sell! Even if their isnt a "need" on a customer car you are expected to find one. I have refused to do this as I will not rip off customers! All of the policies are handed down by some guy who hasn't left his desk in years and has no clue what it's like on the "battlefield" Staff cuts are common, which will cause you to work 10-12 hour days on your feet with NO BREAKS and NO LUNCHES. I have lost count of the number of times I have worked from 6AM to 5PM or later with no food. As a store manager, you are the only one on salary, so you are expected to do just that. You are not allowed 2 days off in a row and you are required to work every saturday.

Advice to Management

Get out from behind your desk and go work in the stores for 2 weeks wearing the same uniform we wear! Not your suit! Then you may get a clue what it's like at our level. Compensate your techs better! After all, they are the ones that make all the money for the company. All we hear about in the annual meetings is how well the company is doing, so why not give us more payroll dollars so we can keep people happier?