Firestone Complete Auto Care - Good company to work for as long as your in the good o'l boys club | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

"Good company to work for as long as your in the good o'l boys club"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Service Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is competitive ,the company has a clear understanding and directive on how to take care of customers the right way.They sell a great product that you can stand behind and not just a volume driven discount store.

Cons

Your only as good as your last month the company has a clear vision on how to take care of employees but it doesn't mean that's how you get treated by the district staff they only care about you as long as they like you or like I said if your in the good o'l boys club but if they don't like you,your ignored regardless of your job performance.Many times they only recognize those they like even when others perform at the same level and when speaking to employees they use inappropriate language that is unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Have mid level management take a sensitivity class, I understand there is a job that has to be done and the expectations is to sell sell sell but at what cost and when is it ok to treat your employees like dirt and threaten their jobs because you can't force a customer to get a Firestone credit card .

Other Employee Reviews for Firestone Complete Auto Care

"Lots of work, good place to learn the industry"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, bonus program was good. I did learn a lot about the automotive industry while I was there.

Cons

Lots of hours and lack of respect from district management in regards to your time off. They hold a portion of your bonus to keep you there. If you leave the company you forfeit that money.

Advice to Management

Understand and be compassionate in regards to our personal time and time off.

"C-Level Tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Firestone Complete Auto Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience, decent pay.
    Good friendships and good people to work with. (If your lucky)
    Will flex schedule for school. (Had to skip class a few times for work though.)

Cons

Expect 50-60+ hour work weeks.(Corporate sure like to chew out Sales associates for working over 50 hours, but a 67 hour work week, not flag rate, work week is fine???)

Expect to work like a dog.

Slow weeks are crippling.

Very little to no social life. (Expect to hear from friends, family, relationships, etc.)

Severly understaffed. (2 sales associates and 2 techs on a 12 hour day??!!) And then they turn around and ask us why were sluggish the next day.

Terrible flat-rate system. (.8 to do 1 caliper. .3 for additional one. Seriously??)

Incredibly high shop rate. ($600 for rear drums on a customer's Corolla)

Unrealistic time frames. (I told this lady 45 minutes for her 22-in low-profile 4 tire mount and balance. And it's got a "Courtesy Check")

Expect to hear lots of complaining from other Techs.

Expect to hear lots of complaining from district to the sales associates and then to the Techs.

People complain for long wait times. (6 "waiter" oil changes with brake inspections on top of whatever else I'm doing, and then getting pulled off to do 1 oil change on a Ram 3500 that isn't even able to be lifted because its too heavy.)

No spiffs for techs other than ASE. ($200 bonus turns to $120 after taxes........garbage)

Flag 45 hours make $486.57. Flag 62 hours and barely scratch $500.00

Store doesn't believe Techs over Customer.

Cars that are "accidents" waiting to happen.

No lunches. Let alone a break. (Even if you get a lunch your asked to hurry to pull in an appointment.)

Appointments are the dumbest sales pitch ever. (This isn't a doctor's office, but if it is I'd sure like to be paid like on

Unhappy workers = Unhappy customers.

Advice to Management

Visit the stores for a week. No notes, no audits. Just watch and listen. Then go to the actual shop and spend a week there. If it doesn't get better I'm leaving. Followed by 2 more Techs who are on the same level I am with frustration.