First American Payment Systems - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Good company to work for full of knowledgable, tenured, employees. Located downtown. Good benefits.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities because people rarely leave (Good and bad....) pay is a little low, but so is the stress.

Other Employee Reviews for First American Payment Systems

"Great company, but going down hill quickly"

Current Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. People - I have worked at FAPS for many years now and the great people are what keeps me coming to work everyday. Some of my best friends I have met here.
    2. Health - gym membership reimbursement
    3. Tuition reimbursement - they pay up to 5500$ a year, but they recently changed the policy to only pay 100% for receiving "A's", B's are only 50%.
    4. PTO - For one of us that have been here a long time, getting 4 weeks of PTO plus sick and floating days is a lot

Cons

1. Stability - The stability has been going downhill very rapidly over the past 3 years.
             - No raises for 2014 = they cancelled all raises for the first time since I have been apart of this company. They announced this just before Christmas, after most us had already purchased presents for our kids. We rely on cost of living increases.
             - Bonus - there have been many whispers of the Bonus running between 25-50% normal, and some saying there might not be a bonus at all. For the past 5 years, the bonus has not been 100%, but never this bad. This has a lot of people nervous and considering there options with the company moving forward.
            - Hiring freeze = usually a hiring freeze goes into effect at the end of the year and falls off at the beginning of the year, this year we started out on one, which is putting a ton of pressure on us, since a lot of backfills are not getting filled either. We are having to tell our teams to work longer hours to make up for less people.
    2. Family relations among management - there are way to many father/daughter/son and Husband/Wife connections at FAPS. Over the years we have seen these affect the business in a negative way. There is a reason this is frowned upon in other companies.
    3. IT Systems - We constantly are having issues with our applications crashing or having errors. The computers also reboot for no reason, which sets us back hours in some cases because you can't save your work in these applications. Email and phones also do not work on a frequent basis. Can't communicate without these working. The IT Department has a very turnover rate is what we get told is the reason for theses issues.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We have great ideas, especially on fixing known constraints, but get brushed off. Be more upfront with us, with whispers of the company being for sale again, everyone is nervous.

"Company has potential but is slowly in a downwind spiral"

Former Employee - Cs Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Cs Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Full Health Benefits for a small check deduction
    2. College Tuition Reimbursement
    3. Career Advancement Opportunities (See Cons)
    4. You won't go hungry. There are always food spreads, etc
    5. 401K
    6. Discounts Programs (T-Mobile, Sporting Events, etc)

Cons

1. Some Career Advancement Opportunities are given on a personal and not a professional level. Most, not all, Supervisors/Coordinators consist of a specific race/sexual orientation clique who like to influence upper management for their friends promotional opportunities
    2. Management/Supervisors develop sensual relationships with lower level employees
    3. Employees are "assigned or told" to complete projects outside of their day-day job requirements. Supervisors/Coordinators will take credit for the project, not the employee who completed it.
    4. Supervisors/Team Leads can be rude or arrogant towards lower level employees when they seek assistance on calls
    5. Company does not enforce its own policies (Everyone is on their cellphones and some dress unprofessional) Keep in mind, they deal with credit card information
    6. Company is in a "transitional phase" and has froze annual merit raises and bonuses yet nets millions in profits. *Thanks for telling them two weeks before Christmas. Employees rely on those funds as a COL (Cost of Living) increase* Are they going to sell the business?
    7. High turnover due to inadequate resources. Internal systems often freeze or are "down". This causes calls to stack up, higher hold times and can affects monthly call stats. Many employees find it frustrating and nothing is done about it. This is why we didn't like coming to work. Added stress that could be fixed but wont
    8. Must be at work, on time, even during bad weather (Rain, Sleet, Ice) No excuse
    9. Shady sales practices with sales representatives. (Summit, Transtech (TMG), EMG, etc). They will say anything to get your money. Non-cancellable leases on POS equipment
    10. Executive Board never sees the issues at the call center. They only make appearances during special occasions. Holidays, etc.
    11. LOTS MORE

Advice to Management

Bring in a third party to evaluate your company. One that can tell you where the issues are and how to fix them. Fix your internal servers and systems. Production will increase. It will make for a smoother business.