First Command Financial Services - Wonderful Organization | Glassdoor

"Wonderful Organization"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Arlington, VA

I have been working at First Command Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First Command provides an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded individual. It is extremely rewarding to work with an underserved market. This is an ideal job for people who enjoy working closely with military service members.

Cons

Starting your business requires a major commitment of time and energy. I recommend potential advisors strongly consider if they are suited for a sales driven industry.

Advice to Management

Always keep our client's best interests in mind when making management decisions. This focus will help the company grow.

Other Employee Reviews for First Command Financial Services

"I have worked in BIS for over 15 years"

I have been working at First Command Financial Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, ESOP, 401(k), fitness center and others. Many feel health benefits are two expensive, but I thnk they are in line with other companies.

Cons

It is s small company so advancement opportunites can be limited, company needs to continue work on career path development ofr all emplyees.

"Good company to learn the basics"

I worked at First Command Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is fair compared to work load. Family oriented, employee loyalty, Employee Stock Option Plan is very generous, they care about employee health, supportive of improving one's knowledge

Cons

The company as a whole struggles with change, even if it is critical to the growth of the company. Salaries are low compared to the market and even lower if you are promoted within.

Advice to Management

Stop spending money on marketing ops with minimal net gain. Invest more in the employees and stop the brain drain.