First Command Financial Services - Get your licenses and get the hell OUT | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for First Command Financial Services

"Get your licenses and get the hell OUT"

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command Financial Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stock options and some bonuses, the company culture in many areas is pretty good which is why I stayed so long. That being said my last department which I spent more years in than I care to admit, was the equivalent to serving me in a Taiwanese prison.

Cons

Ability to move around in the company is zero. You get in and your stuck without a way to promote, which management does not promote. If you are a good and reliable employee which I was they will found a way to keep you from moving around.

Advice to Management

Higher directors that care and want to see the company and its employees grow.

Other Employee Reviews for First Command Financial Services

"Stay Away from this Company."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at First Command Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible working hours. Ability to go to the annual conference. Really can't think of anything else as i see nothing positive about this company.

Cons

I worked for this company for 5 years. Leaving them is like leaving a Mafia family. They will destroy your reputation and break you financially. Only join this company if you plan to make this your last employer. They use the word, loosely, Independent Contractor. You are nothing close to that. You are mandated to turn out their Whole Life planning tool, and are compensated handsomely for that. If you sell a client a term or UL, that is if you can get the plan approved you are paid a third of whole life. They prey on the military and take advantage of our armed forces. If you leave the company they hold your compensation for a year and after that time they refuse to pay you, saying you are in breach of your Advisory Agreement. Currently they have lawsuits pending from previous Advisors, they just lost a $1.8 million case and are about to lose another 3. They have little regard for the Advisors and want them to be indebted to the company. The District Advisor is also compensated on your production and he or she has full access to all clients. He or she can disperse those clients at will and also take them away at will. If a client moves out of the area you are forced to give them up to another Advisor to the area the client has moved. This stops you developing a relationship with the client. They talk about your book of business, don't be fooled, you Dont have one, they do.

Advice to Management

Pay the Advisors that leave you what is owing to them, all this negative press and internet rumours are hurting what was once a great company. Stop the culture of corruption at senior management level and the lawsuits, to include a current sexual harassment case that has been leveled at a senior member of the company. Stop wasting the Advisors money on lavish trips and expensive dinners. The Advisors worked for the money not you.

"Satisfying to disappointing in matter of months"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at First Command Financial Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not sure there are any.

Cons

Too many in upper management positions that should not be there.

Advice to Management

Look at who you promote base it on skill not looks.