First Databank - A poor choice | Glassdoor

"A poor choice"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - QA Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at First Databank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met a few good people there. They'd close the office a half a day early on holidays, on occasions. They have free coffee and tea on the break room. They give you a paycheck every two weeks. They do some teleworking, but they have trust issues with this.

Cons

PharmD are very self-important and that causes all sorts of issues. There is no training or orientation. First day will be in meetings like the rest of the staff as if you've been there your whole life. They LOVE having all-hands meetings for everything. Smaller group meetings turn into gripe sessions. Overall most people are very unhappy. I've had managers say that things aren’t right, but it's just the way it is. You'll get a small, cost of living raise, then an increase on your insurance premiums, which are more than your raise. You’ll have to ask yourself, how bad to do you need that paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring outside companies to give all-hand training on how improve the business. If you don't know, someone outside the firm isn't going to give you some secret recipe.

Sep 23, 2016 – President

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that your experience was not good. We value our employees and thank you for your feedback as we strive to be a quality organization and learn from the past. In... More

Other Employee Reviews for First Databank

"Great Company in Growing Sector of Healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at First Databank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very strong niche player in healthcare information technology field. Provides critical solutions for medication decision making for medical professionals and it's wonderful to be part of making a difference in the world. New leadership has been a catalyst for more challenging work, more competitiveness, more positive energy and more fun. Company has been very successful for over 30 years in the business and has had increased focus on innovation and customer relations. Great camaraderie among most employees.

Cons

Multiple office locations throughout the US and in the UK sometimes makes it difficult to effectively communicate and maintain project efficiencies (but I suppose that is expected in companies with dispersed staff members).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in continuing to raise the bar on competitive spirit, growth and building value to customers!

Sep 23, 2016 – President

Thanks for the detailed feedback and kind words. Please keep the feedback coming - we intend to change and improve every day. -Chuck

"It was OK"

Former Employee - Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Flexible Hours and no weekends needed to work

Cons

The salary is low, the benefits are not good and the one time year bonus is a joke.

Advice to Management

Managers need to be more fair to all employees and communicate well.

Sep 23, 2016 – President

Hi - thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not have the best experience. Since the time that you wrote this, we have put in place many initiatives including assessment of compensation... More