First Financial Insurance Group - A fair, but undercompensated business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Insurance Group

"A fair, but undercompensated business"

Pros

I love working at First Financial because the management team is very knowledgeable and willing to help lead a new agent to success. The commission can be very rewarding if you're willing to commit your time and effort into your personal success.

Cons

The commission structure is weak compared to other 'independent agent' opportunities out there. However, the sacrifice in commission is greatly outweighed by the excellent support staff and their continuous contact with the clients on your behalf, helping to keep clients on the books and bring in referral business, which is immediately forwarded to the agent.

First Financial Insurance Group Response

Feb 11, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

To interested parties: We have a limited amount of individuals that work solely on commission or as an "independent." Our current employees are in our career program that consists of a competitive... More

Other Employee Reviews for First Financial Insurance Group

"Great company"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Carleton, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Carleton, MI

Pros

Everyone is amazing here. Always willing to help with anything you need. My son flushed an apple down the toilet two weeks ago, and Ernie (owner of Ffig) himself bought me a snake and plumbing supplies to fix it! Went out of his way to help me. Like working with family, and I couldn't be happier to be a part of the team!

Cons

Only downside that anyone may have is the location. We are about ten minutes south from the Metro Airport in Romulus Michigan. It isn't bad though. All freeway for me and is kind of refreshing on your way in.

"I currently work at FFIG and I enjoy it. The company is great, honest and ethical."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carleton, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carleton, MI

I have been working at First Financial Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support
    Diversity of product line
    Earning potential
    Salary
    Quality of leadership

Cons

The office is about 1.5 hours from my home
    Daily meetings

Advice to Management

I don't think we should have to wear ties everyday as I feel that insurance today is a more casual endeavor than it used to be.