First Financial Merchant Services - Commission only, so they didn't have much of an investment in my succeeding | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for First Financial Merchant Services

"Commission only, so they didn't have much of an investment in my succeeding"

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

If you don't mind working all alone with little support and can handle the start up time of straight commission in a VERY competitive industry, then it's a great plac to work with long term residuals. Don't think many end up that successful though.

Cons

Commission only. Account Rep managers are totally over run with too many people to take care of. Really competitive industry. Not for me.

Advice to Management

Get more rep managers, be more available.

First Financial Merchant Services Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. As all commission jobs can be, this is a challenging career, one that is not for everyone. We appreciate your advice about getting more rep managers and have worked on... More

Other Employee Reviews for First Financial Merchant Services

1. "Director of Business Development"

Former Employee - Director of Busin in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Director of Busin in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly working at FFUSA was a blessing. I can assure you if your looking to work in an environment where the leaders of the company genuinely care about you than First Financial is the place for you. The possibilities at FFUSA are endless. There is a clear tracking system to show where you stand and where you need to go to achieve your goals. FFUSA has a culture that rewards hard working honest individuals. First Financial is a true family and I would recommend anyone to work at First Financial. Reason for leaving was family was relocating and it was one of the hardest decision I have ever needed to make. I will always be grateful for First Financial. Chuck Fowler is one of the most caring individuals I have ever met. He is the Vice President of the company and he will go above and beyond to help you be successful. There are not many companies at the level of First Financial where the VP of the whole company will sit down and help you grow. The CEO and Vice President will not just help you grow in your career, but in your personal life as well. I was taught things that will help me through my entire life. We call that the tootsie roll effect! I am forever grateful to have worked for First Financial and would recommend this to anyone.

Cons

Honestly if you're not willing to work hard or be coach-able this isn't the career for you.

Advice to Management

Chuck Fowler you're truly amazing and a true friend. I am forever grateful for your leadership and friendship.

2. "Where creativity goes to die"

I worked at First Financial Merchant Services full-time

Pros

John has a good eye and good ideas but needs to let people plan and create with a realistic timeline. 3pm today is not realistic.

Meetings are decent until management hears one negative thing then the whole room is affected.

Cons

Employee morale across the corporate office is very low. CEO creates unnecessary urgency for projects without proper planning which leads to inconsistencies and many changes without proper communication. You will be micromanaged.

Benefits: 3 days sick after 30 days employment and acrew PTO at 1.67 hrs per pay period. Medical is decent for a single person.

Advice to Management

Daily morning meetings are just a witch hunt for who isn't doing their job correctly. Get rid of those meetings and trust in your employees to do their job. Consider adding time to weekly 1 on 1s for project updates. Utilize the morning phone calls to empower and motivate. Read a inspirational quote and explain how it applies for the day.