First Midwest Bank - Good Place to work | Glassdoor

"Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Highland, IN
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Highland, IN

Pros

I enjoy working for First Midwest Bank because there are many opportunities to grow. For example, they offer many training classes through their "university" in which you can improve skills on products, sales, and even communication at no cost. Furthermore, there are opportunities to move up the corporate ladder here and I have always been encourage my management to continue to grow.

Cons

One of the downsides I would say is compensation. I think the pay is lower than some other banks but compensation for sales goals and health benefits make up for the factor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and I would hope you will continue to expand and grow because I would like to see more exposure of First Midwest Bank. I think one of problems is people are not aware of who we are and what we represent as a bank. I think through increasing marketing and expansion First Midwest Bank can continue to be a community bank for more individuals.

Other Employee Reviews for First Midwest Bank

1. "Ok place to work, not the best, but not the worst either."

Former Employee - Banker in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Banker in Joliet, IL

Pros

Feedback is given on a regular basis in a set and fair way.

Cons

They hire outside employees and pay them more than employees who have been there for years. They will sometimes hire from outside even if there is a qualified person internally.

Advice to Management

Senior management should work to eliminate the cliques present.

2. "Terrible work atmosphere, but good pay and benefits - pick what's most important for you and decide"

Former Employee - Teller in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Teller in Aurora, IL

Pros

Great Benefits - a lot of vacation from the first day on the job, good Health Insurance;
    Good Pay, compared to other similar companies.

Cons

Very bad mid management. Something is very wrong with those people. Disrespectful and unable to motivate employees. As a result, there is huge turnover, despite the great benefits.
    HR is terrible - not protecting employees rights, but rather trying to alienate them even more.
    Upper management has good intentions, but the whole strategy is poorly implemented because of the lack of coordination with the retail floor. They simply don't know what is going on in those branches - the information they're getting is filtered by branch managers to make them look good.

Advice to Management

Find a way to better control that mid management and HR are in line with the mission of the company.