First Niagara Financial - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Current Employee - Great Place to Work
Current Employee - Great Place to Work

Pros

medical/dental coverage costs life insurance great 401k plan, immediate vesting for the 401k plan

Cons

distance between employment and home is long

Advice to Management

no advice

Other Employee Reviews for First Niagara Financial

1. "Operational Accounts Payable, Payroll and administration of the corporate emplyee benefits"

Former Employee - Benefits Resource Coordinator/Benefits Analyst in Webster, NY
    Former Employee - Benefits Resource Coordinator/Benefits Analyst in Webster, NY

I worked at First Niagara Financial (Less than a year)

Pros

First Niagara was a good company to work for at any level - acknowledgement and appreciation given one on one as well as at Team meetings for jobs well done.

Cons

I enjoyed my job and Team Leader so much I didn't work out a good work/life balance.

2. "Enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is great. People are helpful and friendly. Starting pay is decent. Bank holidays!

Cons

Sometimes management doesn't communicate as well as they should. Don't expect a huge increase even if review is stellar unless you are in management.

Advice to Management

Realize that the staff below management are the company's "legs". Without us, nothing would work or run smoothly. Not to say this is all of managment. Overall FN is a great place to work and feel appreciated.