First Option Mortgage - First Option Mortgage, A Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for First Option Mortgage

"First Option Mortgage, A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Loan Officer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at First Option Mortgage part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic work environment, family style approach to management, and great compensation

Cons

long hours, but it is worth it

Other Employee Reviews for First Option Mortgage

"depends on the branch"

Former Employee - Senior LO in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior LO in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

they can close loans fast

Cons

some of the managers are awful, some are great. corporate support depends on which branch you are in

2. "Looking forward to the Future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It is my experience that First Option, while not perfect, provides incredible opportunity for anyone who wants a career vs. just a job. They are truly dedicated to the growth of their business and employees and will exhaust all avenues to sustain the longevity of both. I made a good career choice. Things are exciting at First Option, especially with the fast growth of our Retail and Capital Markets divisions. The leaders are all focused on the future and have communicated both short and long-term goals which continually renews my confidence. One of the things I like the best about this Company is that I’ve never worked in a place that feels more like home. My co-workers are always willing to help out and share in the mutual responsibility of providing an excellent customer experience to each of the people we serve. When times get hectic, like at every month end, we’re all in it together.

Cons

This type of commitment comes with a double edged sword as it shows the character of management, however it can drag down the performance of the rest of us as we shift gears. The transition always happens eventually, but at the cost of re-energizing the rest of us to perform at our peak.

Advice to Management

Quickly identify situations where data and performance results are clearly contradictory of defined expectations and metrics. Don’t be afraid to make changes. It’s ok to acknowledge that something wasn’t working as intended, but more importantly, that it was identified and corrected as soon as possible.