KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Jul 11, 2021 - Card Services in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great to work with and easy to get a long with.

Cons

Pay could be a little more

Be the first to find this review helpful

Communications Manager

We’re so glad you enjoy First Tech! Employee salaries are only one part of our overall compensation package – there are other benefits such as discounts on loans and credit cards. Please connect with your manager or Human Resources to discuss your compensation. Thanks for all that you do!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Caring Company

Jan 15, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares a lot about the members and staff.

Cons

Could have better benefits compared to other banks.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thanks for your review and all you do for First Tech! We appreciate the feedback around benefits and will share it with the appropriate teams.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High stress, high turnover

Nov 22, 2021 - Customer Service Contact Center Representative in Rocklin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This credit union does try to advance your career within the company, pay fairly well and provide regular raises, and provide a decent benefit package

Cons

At the time I worked there the company was going through many updates and changes to their financial products and services and it regularly upset the credit union members who would take out their frustrations on the call center reps. The call volumes were impossible to keep up with. We were expected to recover within 15 seconds from a highly stressful call and jump right back in to take a new caller. We were expected to show genuine empathy to the callers, deescalate enraged people, the emotional whiplash was insane. Turbulent emotional labor for 8 hours. I could have kept up with it if we didn't get marks against us for having silence between us and a caller as we performed tasks and if we were allotted an optional 2 minutes to breathe and emotionally recover between these extraordinarily tense and often abusive calls.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We’re sorry to hear about your experience with us, and will send your comments along to the appropriate teams. We wish you all the best on your new endeavors.

Discover more reviews about First Tech Federal Credit Union.