First Tennessee Bank - Easy, Noncompetitive Environment | Glassdoor

"Easy, Noncompetitive Environment"

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Knoxville, TN

I worked at First Tennessee Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gain experience, Nice people, Well Connected

Cons

Don't promote from within
Slow
Clueless Management
Too much management

Other Employee Reviews for First Tennessee Bank

"Don't get too comfortable!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at First Tennessee Bank full-time

Pros

I had a fairly long tenure at FT and advanced at a fairly rapid rate. I was recruited heavily by other companies and declined because I was loyal to FT and the employees I managed. My leadership scores were in the top 5% and my reviews were always stellar. When times were hard, I personally sacrificed to cut expenses in my department. It is that kind of environment - or I guess I personally felt that way.

Cons

The companies loyalty to a strong employee ends when they need to cut expenses. One day I was the golden child and the next day I was told my position was eliminated. Three years later, I still have FT employees calling me and keeping in touch and pondering why they let me go.

Advice to Management

If eliminating positions, you may want to find places for your "stars." Better working with you, than competing against you. I know their weaknesses and know what could be done to improve them at a minimal cost but I'll leave them to figure that out. I still get giddy every time I move a huge client from FT! :-)

2. "Interested in working for First Tennessee?"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at First Tennessee Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture focused on Candor, Change, Inclusion and Team Work! Flexible work environment! Benefits (insurance) are fair and are offered for full time employees on day 1. The company will put money toward your insurance each year. 401k and Retirement options are available as well as a company match. Company has a great focus on the community and encourages employees to get involved as well. Vacation time is available starting at 6 Months of employment.

Cons

Salaries are lower than average. Development and promotional opportunities are limited in the long run (unless you know someone at the top). Seemingly random layoffs have created some tension and anxiety in the work enviroment.

Advice to Management

There are many employees that are doing a fantastic job that are not being promoted or compensated for their work. Turnover is expensive. Look for your hardworking employees with leadership potential and reward them.