First Utility - Positive family atmosphere to work at, a lot of work to be done still to be compared with big UK Utility companies. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for First Utility

"Positive family atmosphere to work at, a lot of work to be done still to be compared with big UK Utility companies."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Pros

Nice and friendly family atmosphere to work.
Flexible hours to work

Cons

Lack of clear instructions and responsibility among different departments that caused a lot of frustrated customer calling to complain.

Other Employee Reviews for First Utility

1. "Quality"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Coventry, CT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Coventry, CT

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having been with First Utility for 5 years, I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Having teething problems with the ever expanding customer base, given the more than competitive pricing to show customers there is a better way, than just the usual "Big 6". To then come out the other side with over one million accounts and growing our customer base further was a surreal feeling. To be part of the continued success is a great but also shows we cannot be content with where we had got to and rest on our laurels, but to continue to expand and make the difference in the energy market and for all the right reasons. The pros for me are as follows: Our customers (This is the reason we currently have a job so my biggest thanks to our customers), The People, The Environment, Reward and Recognition, Learning and Development, Location, First for Technology. These are to name a few and I really could continue forever and a day. You can never learn too much in this sector of work, as energy is ever changing and something I would love to continue to be a part of. I have personally been given the opportunity to progress within the business which I am forever grateful for given that no other company has put their faith in me as much as First Utility.

Cons

As of today, I do not feel there are any downsides. I pride myself on honesty and would be scathing if there was anything to write home about. The fact of the matter is that, yes we had problems previously within our early years, ranging from the office space to systems not performing as they should however the more we grow as a business, the more we look to progress as an employer and have ironed out a number of creases we previously had (so to speak). I have experienced three office moves, and all for the benefit and growth. Opening up jobs withing Leamington, Warwick and now Coventry along with expanding across Europe.

Advice to Management

To continue to put faith in our internal employees and help them further to reach their goals and personal development aims. Ultimately to remain loyal to our customers as without these, we would not have employment.

First Utility Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review. Brilliant, thanks. Additionally, I'm delighted to read that your pros are, "to name a few and you really could continue forever and a ... More

2. "Training and Development Advisor"

I have been working at First Utility full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with First Utility for just over two years now, there have been two main themes within First Utility which I think make it a really great place to work. The first is the people you work with. There is such a great atmosphere across the business, and everybody agents on first line up to Management and the Exec team are so approachable and happy to help. The company is extremely focused on people, which not only emphasised in customer service, but also promoted and encouraged around the office. There are constantly charity events, and themed fairs and activities/competition on the go, which makes working here a lot of fun!

The second thing is the companies dedication to promoting those internally who are eager to progress their careers. I started within the company as a First Line Agent on Customer Services, After a year I then moved on to one of our Technical teams, from their I have progressed into the training department. The management I have had have been so supportive and always helped with my personal development, and also continuously encouraged me to work towards my goals.

The potential for progression here is incredible, and the support available to get you where you want to go is amazing!

Cons

There really aren't too many cons that I can think of from my own experiences, even the car park situation has improved an astounding amount since the introduction of the satellite car park!

Advice to Management

My advise would simply be to keep doing what you're doing. It's so refreshing to work for a business whereby everyone if so friendly and approachable. It isn't often that you would see the Exec team walking around a business saying Hi to everyone, but that is exactly what happenes here...I think it makes First Utility quite unique!