FirstMerit - Sold Credit Card Processing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FirstMerit

"Sold Credit Card Processing"

Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Commercial Bankcard Consultant in Akron, OH

Pros

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that.

Cons

Originally, this was an excellent company - we had a very local focus, and made sure we always put the customers first. After new management bought several branches in Chicago, a slide began away from that - there was much more of a bottom line drive than there had been previously.

Other Employee Reviews for FirstMerit

1. "A low pressure environment that is heavy in customer service."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

First Merit offers a training course and is a nice low pressure environment to work at if that is what you are looking for.

Cons

Software is a bit obsolete. Very high amount of turnover coupled with poor transparency some members of the management can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

While my employment was an overall pleasant experience, I greatly would have appriciated more transparency in regards to my job and what plans were laid for me.

2. "Working at a Neighborhood Bank"

Former Employee - Back Up Teller in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Back Up Teller in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Employees are nice, they treat you with respect and make you feel a part of the team. Great place to work.

Cons

First Merit bank is a small neighborhood bank. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up in the corporation unless you live in Akron. People dont tend to leave their positions there to allow new openings

Advice to Management

I like how the management throughout the corporation make you feel special. They are there to help build you and make their team stronger.