FirstPRO - Good people, interesting environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FirstPRO

"Good people, interesting environment"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Company treats its contractors well. Good group of people striving to do a good job. Fun group to work with.

Cons

The nepotism tends to run rampant within FirstPRO - if you can marry into the inner circle you'll be good to go. One office does not know what another office is doing. Benefits package for perm employees leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at your employees and determine whether they are adding value or extra weight their team is carrying.

Other Employee Reviews for FirstPRO

1. "FirstPRO is an up and coming woman owned and operated company"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

FirstPRO offers a good commission structure, competitive draw, and the ability for a recruiter to make a good living for his or her family. FirstPRO in unique in that we have a non-denominational chapel in our corporate office and we have mass weekly as well as other religious type teachings that are offered from time to time. We are now becoming very much a "corporate" company and beginning to put standard S&OP's in place. FirstPRO has about 125 recruiters that work out of the corporate office and other locations in the Atlanta area as well as a office in Philadelphia. FirstPRO has annual revenues between 40-45 Million annually.

Cons

FirstPRO is a place where you pay to work. A recruiter must pay for himself or herself in the first 90 days generally to have a desk. Job security only lasts about 30 days at a time if the recruiter’s billings are not way above expectations. Benefits are quite expensive for both individuals and families (and this is not much different from other companies in the same industry). This is something that does need to be addressed. Also, you must work in the office and as of today there is not the opportunity to telecommute, which again I believe is something that should be addressed in today's world.

Advice to Management

It takes more than 90 days to see if a recruiter is worth his or her keep. Job security only lasts about 30 days at a time if the recruiter’s billings are not way above expectations. Benefits are quite expensive for both individuals and families (and this is not much different from other companies in the same industry). This is something that does need to be addressed. Also, you must work in the office and as of today there is not the opportunity to telecommute, which again I believe is something that should be addressed in today's world.

2. "Merit Based Company"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Phila, PA

I have been working at FirstPRO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Internal Employees:
    Work hard and you will be rewarded very well and your colleagues will respect you. Latitude to run your business the way you want. Owner is always investing in his people and back into the business. We experience very low internal turnover. Once you are established, as long as you are hitting your numbers, you can basically make your own schedule. We have all of the resources we need to be successful. If we ask ownership for something and make a good business case for it, we are rarely told no.

Candidates we work with:
    We take the time to get to know you and understand your career goals. We have strong relationships with the customers we work with and understand what they look for on a skill set level as well as personality fit. When we send you to a company, we are sending you along with 1-2 other people rather than 10 others. We are often told that we take more time to get to know you and understand what you are looking for in your career than other staffing companies. We also pay weekly.

Cons

Like any fast growing company, there are growing pains from time to time.

401K match is very low, but the other employee benefits are very competitive. Recently had to use my health and dental insurance and was happy with what was covered. Insurance can be high for full families (like most other places). The commission structure more than makes up for the low(ish) 401K and relatively high cost of full family benefits.

Two weeks vacation to start. When I interviewed that was not negotiable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue to hire talented people. Filler to get up to 20 words so I can submit this.