Fiserv - it's been fun, frustrating and challenging... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

"it's been fun, frustrating and challenging..."

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Fiserv has a lot of great individuals working here. They work hard at maintaining a decent workplace and keeping it real. There is a lot of work to be done and not enough people to do it, but they are also working on that. We are at a new level of competition which requires a new level of tools and skills. Not everyone will make the jump, but most will, if they are not too rooted in the bygone days. They have a lot of food celebrations plus a popcorn machine, and they provide weight watchers for free!! Something for everyone here. You can see their efforts and I think that proves they are listening and working towards fixing what they can.

Cons

There is an expectation of working longer hours on a regular basis and of being in contact by laptop or blackberry afterhours. I guess it's better than the alternative, especially during a down economy. They don't really support a work life balance in many areas, but there are also those areas that do, so it's not exactly a sweat shop. We have lost a number of longer term employees and it won't be easy to replace the knowledge lost, but new blood brings with it it's own rewards.

Advice to Management

WAY too many layers of management. Sr. Leadership have completely lost touch with the day to day operations and are focusing too intensely on strategy. Don't get me wrong, I want my Sr. Leadership focused on strategy...for my ownlong term benefit, but not at the expense of losing touch with the daily operations of the business. I'm thinking they can do both well if they put their minds to it.

Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv

"Fiserv only cares about the bottomline - their net operating profit $$$!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

Great people, decent benefits, market average pay, good work/life balance and tremendous potential to offer the world some innovative products and solutions.

Cons

Fiserv's executive leadership seems to be running the entire company via a spreadsheet. Given our CEO is a former accountant, no big surprise there! Leadership is constantly preaching about "innovative solutions" but where's the investment? Very frustrating being in IT managing tons of legacy systems with plans to upgrade but nothing materializes when it's time to pay. We're constantly being asked to deliver more quickly with higher quality but on the same crap we already have. We're "building tomorrow's legacy systems today!" Meanwhile, the Good Ole Boy network is alive and well only promoting inept friends and hiring former associates. If you're thinking about joining Fiserv, better get what you want coming in the door, otherwise you're gonna be looking for another opportunity ... like me.

Advice to Management

Craft a plan that you can commit to executing fully. The constant change in direction and reorg after rerog is just madness. Change for the sake of change is very frustrating and counter productive. The bottomline is important, but you also need to reinvest. Break up the Good Ole Boy network too - - it's kiling morale and lots of people are looking elsewhere.

"Complete Disaster, run as fast as you can!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate (EFT) in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate (EFT) in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Free soda 24hours a day. 24/7 operation so many shifts available.

Cons

Pay scale is FAR LOWER than other business outfits doing the same or similar type of work. No pay raise in 2 years and even the it was less than 1.00. Little to no employee recognition. Bully bosses and very low employee morale across all business channels. Quality standards for work have increased with no employee support and very little guidance. Hasty new employee hires are bringing in folks who have no business in customer service. Many good employees are quitting at a high rate.

Advice to Management

Take the high road and fight for your employees. They will work FOR you instead of against you. PAY more and you'll get more. Respect your employees and they will be happier and morale will go up. Quit promoting people internally who are not ready! Treat ALL shifts equally!