Fiserv - I joined when our division still felt like a community, as they've grown it's became less and less enjoyable to work at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

"I joined when our division still felt like a community, as they've grown it's became less and less enjoyable to work at."

Former Employee - Network Control Operator in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Network Control Operator in Portland, OR

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was fairly solid, and at the time the benefits were good, though apparently they diminished as time went on.

Cons

Inability to manage a large number of acquisitions, increasing responsibility with no increase in reward.

Advice to Management

Growth for the sake of growth does not make a company a good place to work, even if that's what your MBA class told you.

Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv

"Dishonest Manager"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

Good Cafe Plan, some training opportunity

Cons

Fiserv is a huge step down from CheckFree. Fiserv moved our department from the wonderful CheckFree campus to a horrible gray low-wall cubicle farm, and stopped the two-days-work-from-home program.

My manager had very little knowledge of the technology. A task description was typically one sentence, and she didn't understand that sometimes a one-sentence task can take weeks to accomplish by even the best informed and most capable staff. She left all of the details to the assignee, and often gave conflicting or overlapping assignments. When you have a problem, don't expect any input or help from her. She expects you to even do her job. Your job is to make her "shine" for the other managers that also don't understand the technology. And co-workers were usually of no help, they are reluctant to share any valuable information because they had to work so hard to get it too. Or sometimes, they knew the test methods they were using were bogus and didn't want anyone else to find out. (In one case I could never find any evidence the test was ever really done.) You pretty much need to hit the cold wall every time you ask a question and finally figure it out yourself. A very harsh environment. If you have only the technology skills then you will be bullied. If you only have the skill to kiss up, then Fiserv is perfect for you. You only need to talk all day and do nothing.

The QA Manager doesn't care about, or even understand, quality and only cares about how to get promoted. The worst part was this manager didn't keep her word and often lied, so of course she doesn't trust you or anybody else. And the other management (and even HR) seems to think it is OK for her to lie, even when it is so obvious that everyone has to know.

"Overal a pretty good workplace"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

telecommute in some departments. Flex hours,

Cons

inefficient processes, poor bonuses, poor promotions

Advice to Management

n/a